Please Help Me OutFri, Nov 19th 2010
Hi, my name is Brad. I'm 18, and I have some things I'm worried about. I'm usually pretty mellow and I like to be laid back. It works for me. But at random times I'll have uncontrollable anger if not absolute rage It surges through me. And when I say random, I mean random. It doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing, I'll just get really, really pissed off. And then, as fast as the anger turns on, it'll switch to overwhelming depression and hopelessness.
I have no idea what to do and I'm scared out of my mind. I don't know what's happening to me. It's not always anger first. I'll feel hopeless at random times, too. Sometimes that's all I feel while other times it's followed by the anger again.
Please let me know what you think. I could really, really use the help.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.