What Can I do to Help? Mon, Aug 12th 2013
My mother says she hears people talking about her. For instance, she says that my sister calls her names in Spanish and that the neighbors are talking about her. Recently, she attacked my dad for the fact that she thinks that he cheated on her with many women. She called me and told me that he got her by her hands and wouldn't let go of her.
I spoke with my sister and she told me the whole story. One thing, she takes care of my little one who is 7 months old, and we are concerned that she might hurt her. She takes really good care of her, can't complaint about that. Another thing, this is not the first time it has happened. It happened to her about 10 years ago.
Please any suggestions of what it might be and what should we do.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.