What To Do?Mon, May 4th 2009
Me and my boyfriend of 4.5 to about 5 years broke up for about 8 months. We were set to get married and everything seemed fine. One day he broke it off, and 8 months later we got back together. Now I have a hard time being with him, but I am trying my best to make what we have work. I don't know what to do. I care about him, I just dont know if i love him anymore. After he broke up with me he hurt me a great deal and now I am afraid I will be hurt again after what has happened and I keep a distance from him. Recently I moved out of the house and am currently staying at a friend's so that we might possibly be able to work on things apart instead of together while creating animosity between each other. He doesn't go to school and just works one job. I go to school full time while holding a full time job as well. I am cleaning up after him and I have told him repeatedly that it would be nice to see him do more with his life, but it always ends up in a fight. I no longer tell him how I feel and he doesnt really talk to me about anything. Also, because of what happened I find myself never wanting to be around him. So, I left the home that we bought together. Please help, any advice to help fix this. I no longer know what to do.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.