Other Drugs Of Abuse
Member Drugs: (Brand Names) [Street Names]
What The Drugs Looks Like:
- PCP typically appears in the form of prepared blotter paper/pills or in liquid form.
- Marijuana may be dipped into a liquid form of PCP
Most Typical Routes Of Administration:
- Mouth (swallowing pills)
- Nose & Lungs (Inhaling smoke)
What This Drugs Does:
- Short term:
- Feelings of relaxation, drowsiness, euphoria,
- Sensory distortions of sight, sound, space, time and body image
- Difficulty concentrating, impaired coordination, slurred speech,
- Increased respiration, heart rate and blood pressure
- Sweating, chills, nausea, vomiting
- Confusion, disorientation, paranoia, agitation, restlessness
- Behaviors may be hostile, violent erratic or bizarre,.
- "Bad trips" are fairly common among PCP users
- Coma, convulsions and death can occur at very high doses.
- The effects of PCP are very unpredictable even among experienced users, and it can produce severe effects, even at low doses.
- Long term:
- Brain damage: speech problems, memory loss and impaired thinking
- Chronic anxiety and depression
- Social withdrawal
Pattern of Withdrawal Symptoms:
Most Significant Problems:
- Possibility of an overdose exists, but is not likely to be fatal
- Strong possibility of brain damage!