Health Tip: Keep Germs Out of Pool Water
by -- Diana Kohnle
Updated: Jun 8th 2017
(HealthDay News) -- If you or your child are sick, you shouldn't be using a public pool and exposing other swimmers to what ails you.
Here are guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Don't swim if you or your child have diarrhea.
- Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Before you swim, take a quick shower to wash away germs.
- If young children are swimming, schedule regular bathroom breaks.
- Check a young child's diaper frequently. When it's time for a change, do it away from the pool.
This article: Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.