Is it ok to feel this way?Thu, Aug 9th 2007
I am 15 years old and I think I have no friends. From the age of 9 I knew I was different then everyone around me. I would get uncontrollably angry and pull my hair, so far that I had to keep the piles in a box because the garbage would be too obvious. Then I began to contemplate suicide and there was no one around to help me because my mom is bipolar and doesn\'t care about me. I began to cut myself, deep, when I was 13 . I would do it on my thigh. I blamed my only friend, who I actually liked, because she would ignore me and go off with her other friends because she said I was too depressing to be around. I can\'t help it if I don\'t understand anything. I\'m just really not that smart. In fact I always tend to get into bad things, Like when I found a dead dog and I was really hungry and I just wondered what it would taste like. It wasn\'t gone bad so I just brought it too my shed where my dad keeps his tools and cooked it over the BBQ. Lately I\'ve felt really lonely because my former only friend left me because I was too \'clingy\'. This past week I had sex with a lot of girls because sometimes I just really want to do that. whats wrong with me, I need to get help so I can care about other people.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.