(HealthDay News) -- An organized, comfortable bedroom helps you feel less stressed and helps you sleep more soundly. So if you're ready to spring clean, do your bedroom first.
Here are suggestions from the National Sleep Foundation:
- Rid the room of all electronics, including the TV.
- Make sure all light bulbs are 60 watts or less.
- Make sure curtains black out sunlight.
- Inspect your mattress and look for signs of wear. Also, consider whether you wake with pain. If so, replace the mattress.
- Make sure sheets aren't worn, and that pillows are soft, fluffy and supportive.
- To keep your bedroom cool, put in a fan.
- De-clutter your room, clearing out unneeded furniture and any piles of stuff.
This article: Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.